Cat No.: AU4014:
No of pages in original: 196pp
Author/Compiler: Yates and Jones
'The Roads of Queensland' was published in 1913 as a guide for travellers, tourists, motorists, drovers and land seekers. It contains a large amount of fascinating information giving insight into the period.
This guide includes the following important features:
• 44 detailed road maps covering a large portion of the state
• information for land seekers, settlers, drovers, pastoralists and tourists
• motor vehicle guide
• railway fares
• Brisbane cab and tram fares
• postal telegraphic and phone information
• many relevant advertisements
• and much more
Each map includes information on the tenure of land as well as the location of hotels, stores, hospitals, doctors, chemists, telephones, blacksmiths and more.
This book is useful to social historians, motor historians and those with Queensland ancestors.
No. of CDs is: 1 ; Format is: PDF ; Searchable?: YES;
FastFind: Yes; ISBN No.: 9781921230561;