Pigot's 1828-9 Directory of Shropshire (with map)


Cat No.:   GB0883:

A very early and rare directory which covers the market towns and principal villages of the county (Please note that smaller villages and hamlets are not included). The descriptions of each place are excellent with lots of details about schools, hospitals, churches and other institutions plus detailed histories and directories of the nobility, gentry, clergy and classified directories of tradespeople. Also included is an excellent county map.

No. of CDs is:  1 ;   Format is:  PDF ;   Searchable?:  ;

FastFind:  No;  ISBN No.:   unavailable;


The places included in this directory are;

Bishop's Castle, Bridgenorth, Broseley and Madeley (with Coalbrooke-dale, Colport, Iron-Bridge and Benthall), Church Stretton, Cleobury Mortimer, Drayton, Ellesmere, Hales Owen, Ludlow, Newport, Oswestry and Whittington, Shifnall, Shrewsbury and Pontesbury, Wellington (with Wombridge and Wrockwardine), Wem and Prees, Wenlock, Whitchurch and Doddington.