Cat No.: AU5028:
No of pages in original: 95pp
Year published: (1853)
The 1853 South Australian Government Gazette, unlike other years published a number of shipping lists and other notices and reports of voyages. Most of these have been extracted from the gazette for publication in this handy form. They are organised here under the following headings
• Passenger lists - 20 lists for 12 voyages. most of these are lists of labourers, but there are also lists of passengers nominated for passage, nominees of land purchasers, persons for whom money has been paid, and a list of pauper immigrants.
• voyage summaries
• miscellaneous passenger notices
• agents' quarterly reports
• notices relative to charter
• miscellaneous regulations and notices. These cover Female Emigration Society regulations and some returns of emigration deposits
The passenger lists generally give the following information
• single labourers - name
• married labourer - name of head of the family, all in the family and ages of all
• pauper list - name and age (including children)
• persons "nominated for passage" - names (all in family), ages, name of depositor and amount paid
• nominees of land purchasers - name & age of emigrant or nominee (includes children), deposits, amounts paid for passage and "outfit", remarks, application number.
Ships with passenger lists
• Marshall Bennett
• Mary Green
• William Stewart
The passenger lists, voyage summaries and reports will particularly interest those with emigrant ancestors on the ships listed. The regulations and other notices published here offer great insight to emigrant ships and conditions generally around the mid 19th century.
No. of CDs is: 1 ; Format is: PDF ; Searchable?: YES;
FastFind: Yes; ISBN No.: 9781921461538;