The Religious Institutions of Old Nottingham (3 Vols)


Cat No.:   GB0673:


Three volumes, published between 1895 and 1899. A history of the religious institutions in this ancient city.

Not only relating to the three main parish churches of Nottingham, but other ancient churches and religious institutions too, including the chapels in the castle, a chapel actually on Trent Bridge, a chapel in the caves of Nottingham, a mediaeval synagogue for the town's jews, and lots more.

This is not just a simple descriptive work, but an extremely in-depth scholarly study in great detail.

Fully searchable.


The Dissolution

The Parochial System

The Three Parishes

Hospital of St.John the Baptist

The White Friars

St.James Chapel

The Grey Friars

Plumtre Hospital

The ancient chapel of St.Mary (The Park)

Chapel in the Castle

Chapel on Trent Bridge

Chapel of St.Michael of Whiston

The Leper Hospital of St.Leonard

The Holy Well and Chapel of St.Ann

The Bretheren of the Holy Sepulchre

The Knights Templars

The Synagogue of the Medieval Jews

Miscellaneous items of Religious Life

Additional Notes

No. of CDs is:  1 ;   Format is:  PDF ;   Searchable?:  YES;

FastFind:  No;  ISBN No.:   unavailable;