History of the Hospital for the Insane, Penetanguishene. - 1914


Cat No.:   CAG062:

Content Description: The development of the town of Penetanguishene was influenced by a strong military presence. Many buildings were erected with military purpose in mind, including a large barracks, so that when the military withdrew in 1859, leaving them vacant, the idea of converting some of them into the core of a reformatory for boys came easily. Subsequently they were converted from this function to that of an insane asylum in 1904 and remained so until this paper was written by an ex-Superintendant in about 1914. The paper is full of valuable detail and insight.

Gleaned from: Papers & Records Vol. XII (1914), Ontario Historical Society, Published: 1914 (The complete source document is available as Catalogue Number CA0171-14)

by: G. A. MacCallum

Size: (pages) 10, (download) 1.6 MB

- Sorry, due to taxation issues, we cannot DOWNLOAD digital products to European Community (EU) Countries.
Delivery of physical products (CDs) IS STILL AVAILABLE.

No. of CDs is:  0 ;   Format is:  PDF ;   Searchable?:  YES;

FastFind:  No;  ISBN No.:   unavailable;