Cat No.: AU7100-1852:
In each annual volume of government gazettes, you will find information on tens of thousands of ordinary people and places, small and large. You will find details on land transactions, court notices, notice of acts, tenders and contracts, police auctions of stolen property, statistics, unclaimed letters, impoundments of cattle and horses, reward notices, and much more.
Some features of this year’s issues are:
• lists of magistrates
• intestate estates
• unclaimed letters - tens of thousands of Victorian residents, usually with their addresses
• lists of “letters detained for sea postage” - names and addresses on letters sent by Victorians to other
• colonies or overseas addresses - a great guide to other relatives and acquaintances
• lists of letters returned from country addresses
• title deed notices - name, locality and amount due
• licences for runs
• a list of deserters from the 40th Regiment of Infantry - with description of deserter, date and place of desertion, date and place of enlistment, native place, trade and dress
High quality scanned images of the whole years worth of issues. This CD has been bookmarked for easy navigation, and pages can be searched, browsed, enlarged and printed out if required.
No. of CDs is: 1 ; Format is: PDF ; Searchable?: YES;
FastFind: Yes; ISBN No.: 9781921461392;