Cat No.: AU5103-1932:
No of pages in original: 651pp
Year published: (1932)
Police Gazettes are a unique, useful and extremely fascinating resource for local, family and social historians. Compiled to be distributed amongst the Police Force only, these Gazettes contain details and information that can not be found anywhere else.
Issued weekly, this CD-ROM is a compilation of all 52 regular issues of the South Australia Police Gazette that were issued throughout the year. Each issue is between 8-12 pages in length, and contains information such as warrants issued, arrests and discharges, escaped prisoners, appointments and changes in the Police Service, licence applications, missing persons, inquest verdicts, deserters from families and deserters from the service are also included. Stolen cars and motorbikes feature heavily throughout this era. Notices from Police Gazettes from other states are also often listed.
Example entries all taken from the 25 May 1932 issue: [note: only a portion has been transcribed here]
The following list of hawkers' licences issued for the period ended April 30th, 1932, is published for general information.
1. Hamdan, Solomon, 57, George Street, Thebarton, four-wheeled vehicle.
2. Hamdan, Hassan Solomon, 57, George Street, Thebarton, four-wheeled vehicle (servant).
3. Babbage, Alfred Horace, Selby Street, Grassmere, Glandore, Post Office, motor vehicle.
4. Lock, Philip Richard, 104, Kenilworth Road, Parkside, pack.
5. Young, William, 200, Young Street, Parkside, pack.
6. Stinson, Charles Alfred, 3 Rothermore Street, Avenue Park, via Clarence Park, pack.
7. Walker, Alfred John, 90, Old Port Road, Queenstown, pack.
8. Rix, Mrs. Ottilie Meta, 1A, Elizabeth Street, Evandale, motor vehicle.
This is a valuable South Australian resource that is now available for all. It is easy to use, fully-searchable, and very affordable.
No. of CDs is: 1 ; Format is: PDF ; Searchable?: YES;
FastFind: Yes; ISBN No.: 9781921494208;